5-years warranty, unlimited mileage for KIA Mohave only..
5-years or 160,000 Kilometers whichever comes first.
Exceptions to 5 years or 160,000 Kilometers.
Vehicles used for public conveyance such as taxi, shuttle/school bus services, etc. will only be covered for 3 years or 100,000 kilometers (which ever comes first).
Items such as stereo systems, back-up sensors, aircon, tires, batteries, audio-video systems, etc. will be covered by their separate warranties.
All maintenance parts (e.g. oil filter, air cleaner element, aircon micro filter, etc.), electrical parts (e.g. bulbs, fuses wiring, etc.) as well as items subject to wear and tear (e.g. belts, rubber parts, bearings, wiper blades, etc.) will not be covered by this new warranty.
This new warranty coverage does not cover all variants of the K2700 wherein the current 3 years or 110,000 kilometers (which ever comes first) will apply for the cab and chassis and 2 years or 50,000 kilometers (which ever comes first) warranty coverage will apply for the rear body.
(note: This applies only to the vehicle sold from June 15, 2009 onwards)
As used in this manual (unless otherwise specifically stated):
“KIA” means Kia Motors Corporation, 231, Yangjae-Dong, Seocho-GU, Seoul, Korea
“Mobis” means Hyundai Mobis, Rodamco Tower 679-4 Yeoksam-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Korea which is a designated spare parts or accessories supplier.
“Kia Vehicle” means a new Motor Vehicle of Kia brand which is warrantable under the terms and condition of this manual.
“Authorized Kia Dealer” means a person or an entity authorized by Kia to sell or service the Kia Vehicle or perform repairs under the warranty in this manual.
“Parts” means the spare parts or accessories that are provided by Kia or Mobis for the replacement of the spare parts or accessories of the Kia Vehicle.
“Date of First Service” means the first date Kia Vehicle is delivered to the first retail customer, leased, or placed into service as company vehicle (e.g., as a demonstrator, rental or fleet vehicle), whichever is earliest.
Welcome from KIA
The latest engineering techniques have been incorporated into the design and production of your KIA Vehicle. From the moment you get behind the wheel of your new KIA Vehicle, you will notice how satisfying it feels; a feeling you will appreciate for as long as you own your KIA Vehicle. You will also be pleased by how strongly we stand behind every KIA Vehicle.
The New Vehicle 60 Months/ 160,000 Kilometers for Private Use or 36 Months/ 100,000 Kilometers for vehicles used for Public Conveyance and 36 Months/ 110,000 Kilometers for K2500, Limited Warranty described in this manual is one of the finest available.
Together with your Owner’s Manual, this booklet details the Warranties and Maintenance Intervals we recommend you follow to maximize the performance of your KIA Vehicle.
In addition, your Authorized KIA Dealer will take care of your servicing needs using genuine KIA Parts to ensure that your KIA Vehicle continues to exceed all your expectations.
At KIA, it is not enough to sell vehicles that look pleasing in the showroom. We are committed to making sure you enjoy your KIA Vehicle for years to come.
1. Warranty Coverage at a Glance
This overview chart illustrates warranty coverage and term by months and kilometers. Please refer to the appropriate sections in this manual for detailed information regarding each of these warranties.
· Locally supplied battery will be warranted by the battery manufacturers. Tires are warranted by tire manufacturers.
· All locally fitted add-on accessories (e.g. horn, back-sensor, key less entry, etc.) are warranted for 3 years or 100,000 kilometers only, if applicable.
· Service Parts replaced under warranty repair is covered for the remainder of applicable Limited Warranty under which the Parts were replaced previously.
1. THE WARRANTY MAY NOT BE HONORED TO THE KIA VEHICLE WHICH IS NOT PURCHASED FROM THE AUTHORIZED KIA DEALER.
2. THE WARRANTY MAY NOT BE HONORED TO KIA VEHICLE FOR THE COMMERCIAL PURPOSE. THE KIA VEHICLE FOR THE COMMERCIAL PURPOSE MEANS THE VEHICLE IS OPERATED COMMERCIALLY TO MAKE PROFITS LIKE A TAXI, SHUTTLE, TRANSPORT NETWORK VEHICLE SERVICE (TNVS), ETC.
2. What is Covered
KIA warrants that your new KIA vehicle is free from defects in material or workmanship, subject to the following terms and conditions.
An authorized KIA dealer will make necessary repairs, using new Genuine KIA parts, to correct any repair concern covered by this limited warranty without charge to you.
The Warranty Period
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty is divided into various periods. For the purpose of all warranties contained in this manual (other than warranties on Service Parts or Accessories installed after the Date of Purchase), the warranty period begins on the Date of Purchase. Any remaining portion of the warranty is fully transferable to subsequent owners.
Basic Warranty Coverage
Except as limited or excluded below, all components of your new KIA vehicle are covered for 60 months or 160,000 kilometers for Private Use or 36 months or 100,000 kilometers for vehicles used for public conveyance and 36 months or 110,000 kilometers for K2500 from the Date of Purchase, whichever comes first.
The items specified below are covered for periods different from basic coverage.
· Battery (12V)
The original equipment battery is fully covered for the first twelve (12) months from the Date of Purchase regardless of mileage.
· Audio System
The original equipment audio and its all related parts (including Video Systems) are covered for 36 months from the Date of Purchase or 100,000 kilometers, whichever comes first.
· Air conditioner- Refrigerant Charge
Air conditioner refrigerant charge is covered for the first 12 months from the Date of Purchase regardless of mileage. Over the balance of after 12 months, refrigerant charge is covered only when replenished as part of a warranty repair.
· Limited Liability
The liability of KIA under this warranty is limited solely to the repair or replacement of original parts defective in material or workmanship by an Authorized KIA Dealer at its place of business, and specifically does not include any expense for or related to transportation, communication, fuel or payment for loss of use of the KIA Vehicle during warranty repairs section “what is not covered”.
3. What is Not Covered
Damage Due to Factors Beyond the Manufacturer’s Control
Examples of these factors include, but are not limited to:
· Misuse of the KIA vehicle such as driving over curbs, overloading, racing, etc. (Proper usage is described in your Owner’s Manual).
· Accidents such as collision, fire, theft, riot, etc.
· Alteration, modification, tampering, etc.
· Damage or surface corrosion from the environment such as acid rain, airborne fallout (chemicals, tree sap, bird droppings, etc.), salt, road hazards, hail, wind storm, lightning, floods, and other acts of God.
· Cosmetic conditions or surface corrosion/oxidation from stone chips or scratches in the paint.
Damage due to Lack of Maintenance or the Use of wrong fuel, oil, lubricants or non-Genuine KIA Parts.
· Lack of proper maintenance as described in your owner’s manual.
· Improper maintenance or the use of other than the specified fuel, oil or lubricants recommended in your Owner’s Manual.
· Use of Non-Genuine KIA Parts.
· Normal wear and tear or deterioration such as discoloration, fading, deformation, etc.
· Surface corrosion on any part other than the body sheet metal panels forming the exterior appearance of a KIA vehicle.
· Normal maintenance services such as: cleaning and polishing, minor adjustments, lubrication, oil/ fluid changes, replacement of filters, anti-freeze coolant replenishment, wheel alignment and tire rotation unless such services are performed as part of a covered warrantable repair.
· Normal maintenance items are warranted in normal service, only when the replacement is the result of a defect in material or workmanship, the warranty period for 3 months from the Date of Purchase, or 5,000 kilometers, whichever comes first such as:
* Drive belts (except engine timing belt)
* Brake pads and linings
* Wiper Blades
* Bulbs (except instrument illumination bulb)
* High Tension Cord
* Front and Rear Suspension Parts
Note: Above mentioned items that will be found defective shall still be subjected for evaluation.
· Normal deterioration or wear of any part, such as spark plugs, worn brake pads/ linings, worn clutch lining (related components), filters, worn wiper blades, bulbs and fuses, other wear and consumable items.
· Maintenance services described as “scheduled maintenance services”, “owner maintenance services”, are in your Owner’s Manual.
· Any repair of a KIA vehicle on which the odometer has been altered or on which the actual mileage cannot be readily determined.
(When replacing the speedometer, the “Speedometer replacement record” on the inside front cover must be filled in by an authorized KIA dealer).
Extra expenses and damages
· Any economic loss or other incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages. This includes, without limitation, payment for loss of use of the KIA vehicle, lodging, car rentals, travel costs, communication, fuel, loss of pay and any other expenses or damages.
· Tires are warranted by the tire manufacturers. Refer to the tire warranty pamphlets provided with your KIA Vehicle.
· KIA and its authorized KIA dealers reserve the rights to make changes in vehicles built and/or sold by KIA and its Authorized KIA Dealers at any time without incurring any obligation to make the same or similar changes on vehicles previously built and/or sold.
4. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
You are responsible for properly operating your KIA vehicle using the owner’s manual and maintaining your KIA vehicle in accordance with the instructions described in your warranty and maintenance booklet.
Improper maintenance includes but is not limited to the inspections and/ or repair by an unauthorized service or repair center or use of non-genuine KIA replacement parts.
You should retain maintenance records since it may be necessary, in some instances, for you to show that the required maintenance has been performed.
What is Not Covered
The “scheduled maintenance record” should be filled in when scheduled maintenance is performed. Keep all receipts and make them available in case questions arise about maintenance.
The following conditions will render the warranty void:
1. Failure to have prescribed preventive maintenance service of your vehicle for every 5,000 kilometers interval or 6 months whichever comes first (for diesel and gasoline).
2. In case of engine performance problems, failure to have your vehicle serviced or repaired by an Authorized KIA Dealer.
To Get Warranty Service
You must take your KIA vehicle, along with this warranty and maintenance booklet, to an authorized KIA dealer during its normal service hours. While any authorized KIA dealer will perform warranty service, KIA recommends that you return to the dealership where you purchased your KIA vehicle for them to continue the established relationship. If you have questions or need assistance regarding this warranty, refer to “Guidance for Customers”.
5. ANTI-PERFORATION LIMITED WARRANTY
KIA warrants that the body sheet metal panels of your new KIA Vehicle are free from defects in materials or workmanship which result in perforation (hole through the body panel) due to corrosion, subject to the following terms and conditions. An Authorized KIA Dealer will either repair or replace any body sheet metal panel perforated due to corrosion resulting from defects in material or workmanship under normal use without charge to you.
The warranty period is for the first 60 months or 150,000 kilometers for Private Use or 36 months or 100,000 kilometers for Public Conveyance and 24 months or 50,000 kilometers for K2500 whichever comes first, from the Date of Purchase. During the warranty period, this warranty is transferable to subsequent owners.
What is Not Covered
· Any perforation due to corrosion which is caused by industrial fallout, accident, damage, abuse, vehicle modifications or damaging or corrosive cargo in the KIA Vehicle.
· Any perforation due to corrosion which does not result from a defect in materials or workmanship, but from failure to maintain the KIA Vehicle in accordance with the procedures specified on page 9. “Your Responsibilities” of this manual and the Owner’s Manual provided with your KIA Vehicle.
· Any perforation due to corrosion of a part of KIA Vehicle which is not a body sheet metal panel. As used herein, “body sheet metal panel” specifically excludes all parts which are components of the exhaust system of the KIA vehicle.
· Any perforation due to defects or failure resulting from the use of new parts not sold or approved by KIA, or used parts, or the resultant damage to associated systems.
· Any perforation due to corrosion caused by misuse, abuse, or improper maintenance specified on page 16. “Anti-Perforation Inspection Records.
· Any corrosion of the KIA Vehicle does not result in perforation, such as that typically caused by sand, salt, hail or stones.
Inspect the body sheet metal panels of your KIA Vehicle frequently and if you detect any stone chips or scratches in the paint or protective coating, touch them up immediately.
In addition, under certain conditions, special care should be taken to protect your KIA Vehicle from corrosion.
· If you drive on salted roads or if you drive near the ocean, flush the underbody as needed, and at least once a month, with clean water.
· It is important to keep the drain holes in the lower edges of the body clear.
· If your KIA Vehicle is damaged due to an accident or any event which may cause damage to the paint, have your KIA Vehicle repaired as soon as possible.
· If you carry special cargo, such as chemicals, fertilizers, deicing salt, or other corrosive substances, be sure that such materials are well packaged and sealed.
· If you drive frequently on gravel roads, we recommend that you install stone guards behind each wheel.
6. Service Parts and Accessories Limited Warranty
KIA warrants that parts are free from defects in materials or workmanship, subject to the following terms and conditions.
The Parts purchased at and installed by an Authorized KIA Dealer are covered for 12 months or 20,000 kilometers and 6 months or 10,000 kilometers for K2500 whichever comes first, from the date of the installation of parts.
This warranty covers the Parts replaced by an Authorized KIA Dealer, including labor charges related to the part(s).
An Authorized KIA Dealer will either repair or replace Parts to correct any problem covered by this warranty after conducting an evaluation of the cause of the failure or defect.
The Parts installed by an Authorized KIA Dealer under warranty are covered for the remainder of time/ mileage of applicable Limited Warranty under which the Parts were replaced previously.
What is Not Covered
· Damage or corrosion due to such factors as accidents, negligence, improper repairs or a adjustments, misuse, alterations or collision.
· Damage or surface corrosion from environment such as acid rain, airborne fallout (chemicals, tree sap), stones, salt, mad hazard, hail, wind storm, lightning, floods and other acts of God.
· Normal wear, tear, or deterioration such as discoloration, fading, deformation, etc.
· The Parts installed on a KIA Vehicle in which the odometer has been altered, or on which the actual mileage cannot be readily determined.
· Parts used in applications for which they are not designated.
· Parts installed by an unauthorized dealer.
· Any Parts without proof of purchase or replacement date.
· Non-genuine Kia Parts or accessories installed on your KIA vehicle.
To Get Warranty Service
You must take your KIA vehicle, along with this warranty and maintenance and proof of purchase or replacement date, to an Authorized KIA Dealer during its normal service hours.
The liability of KIA under this warranty is limited solely to the repair or replacement of the defective KIA Parts/materials or workmanship by an Authorized KIA Dealer at its place of business, and specifically does not include any expense of or related to transportation, communication, fuel and etc. to such a dealer or payment for loss of use of the KIA vehicle during warranty repair.
7. Schedule Maintenance Record
The service records on this and the following pages have been designed to include the name and signature of your authorized KIA dealer representative. This signed form is evidence of completion of maintenance services and should be kept with the receipts, repair orders, and invoices in the glove box. All records should be given to any subsequent owner of the KIA Vehicle. Claims made during the warranty term will not qualified under the warranty if resulting to lack of maintenance rather than from defective material or workmanship.
Maintenance under *Severe Driving Condition is applied for this region. Please refer to your owner’s manual to get details about Scheduled Maintenance Intervals.
8. Anti-Perforation Inspection Records
The corrosion inspection on this page has been designed to include the signature of your Kia dealer representative or other repair establishment representative. This signed form is evidence of completion of corrosion inspection and should be kept with the receipts, repair orders and invoices in the glove box. All records should be given to any subsequent owner of Kia Vehicles. Claims made during the warranty if resulting from lack of maintenance rather than from defective material or workmanship.
i. Anti-Perforation Inspection Interval
To obtain the benefit of the Kia Anti-Perforation warranty this inspection must be completed authorized Kia dealers and concerned Kia Distributors, and this inspection has to be made every year after the date of first registration.
9. Guidance for Customer
This warranty is applicable to KIA vehicle sold, registered and normally operated in the Philippines. During the warranty period, this warranty is transferrable to subsequent owner. Mail the “change of address or owner notification” to your KIA dealer.
Change of Address
In case of a change in your address or if you are a pre-owned owner, please complete the “Change of Address or owner notification” and return to your KIA dealer.
KIA reserves the rights to make changes in vehicles built and/ or sold by KIA and its authorized KIA dealers at any time without incurring any obligation to make the same or similar changes on vehicles previously built and/ or sold.
When you need to talk to KIA
Your satisfaction is our goal. We are here to serve you. All authorized KIA dealers have the knowledge and tools to keep your KIA vehicle in top condition. If you have any question or recommendations for improvement regarding the service of your KIA vehicle or servicing by KIA dealer personnel, we recommend that you take the following steps:
Contact the Authorized KIA Dealer
Discuss the matter with an authorized KIA dealer. This is the quickest and best way to address the issue. If your concern has not been resolved by the service and parts manager, then please contact the General Manager or the owner of the dealership.
Contact the Authorized KIA Distributor National Service Dept. Kia Philippines
If for any reason you feel the need of further assistance after contacting your dealer management, call KIA Philippines at:
Add: 11/F Bonifacio One Technology Tower, 3030 Rizal Drive, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig 1634, Philippines
Tel: +63 459-4507
In order to serve you efficiently and effectively, please help us by providing the following information:
Your Name, Address, Contact Number and Email Address
Year Model of KIA vehicle
Vehicle Identification Number (17 digits noted on your registration or title, or located on the upper driver’s side corner of the dashboard).
Purchase date and current mileage.
Your dealer’s name and location.
Your question (s)
If you would like to write a letter, please address it to:
ATTN: NATIONAL SERVICE MANAGER
NATIONAL SERVICE DEPARTMENT
11/F Bonifacio One Technology Tower
3030 Rizal Drive, Bonifacio Global City
Taguig 1634, Philippines
By following these procedures, we can respond to you as quickly and efficiently as possible.
To Get Warranty Service
You must take your KIA vehicle, along with this warranty and maintenance booklet, to an Authorized KIA Dealer in your country during its normal service hours. While any authorized KIA dealer will perform warranty service, KIA recommends that you return to the dealership where you purchased your KIA vehicle because of their continued established relationship.
Notice by Owner- Defects in Vehicle
The owner should be responsible for notifying the Authorized KIA Dealer in writing, through registered mail or personal service, of any and all conditions that substantially impair the use or safety of the new motor vehicle which prevents it from conforming to the manufacturer’s or the distributor’s express warranty.
But excluding conditions resulting from accidents, abuse, neglect, or unauthorized modification, alterations of the new motor vehicle; or defects in the steering or braking system which creates greater possibility of causing injury od death to the passenger of a new motor vehicle or to any third party. This notice should be given within twelve (12) months form date of purchase of the new motor vehicle or twenty thousand (20,000) km. whichever comes first.
Notice by Owner- Vehicle Repair
The owner shall be responsible for notifying in writing by registered mail or personal service the Authorized KIA Dealer of the failure to rectify or repair any and all conditions that substantially impair the use, or safety of a new motor vehicle which prevents it from conforming to the manufacturer’s or the distributor’s express warranty.
Failure on the part of the owner to properly notify the Authorized KIA Dealer of any complaints regarding the need for repair or service is deemed to be an acknowledgement by the owner that his/ her vehicle is in good working condition.
BASIC WARRANTY COVERAGE FOR NEW KIA VEHICLE
KIA warrants that it will repair or replace free of charge any KIA-supplied parts (excluding tires, batteries, radios and air-con which are warranted separately by their respective manufacturers) that is found to be defective in material or workmanship under normal use within a period of 60 months or 160,000 kilometers for private use or 36 months or 100,000 kilometers for public conveyance, 36 months or 110,000 kilometers for K2500 whichever comes first from the date of purchase, except those items listed under “What is Not Covered”, provided that the manufacturer’s recommended and required preventive maintenance services and repairs are strictly followed.
KIA Philippines, distributor and manufacturer of KIA vehicle in the Philippines reserve the sole right to the final decision in all warranty matters.